Television Commercials
(classroom discussion & activity)
In pairs consider the questions below. Can you find examples (using Google and YouTube) that illustrate the main themes? You may find this website helpful in understanding the advertising process.
Discussion question 1:
- When considering television commercials, what themes are prevalent in Amerian society?
- There any recurring images that are used to advertise a variety of products?
- Why do you think these images are used so often?
Product placement is a common thing in American movies. Look at the examples below and answer the discussion questions at the end of this section.
Product placement video from 'Transformers'
10 Most Shameless Product Placement Examples from Movies
For the next video clip, see if you can spot the implied product placement.
Another example from the movies.
The trailer for a movie in which advertising plays a key role.
And an idea of how the future of advertising could look thanks to interactive advertising.
Now consider how the internet is changing advertising.
Hello Danny.
ReplyDeleteI'm Anna.
I still remember last time I went to Turner Feild, I saw many advertisements around the stadium, such as Cocacola Delta and so on.And there are many posters along the road to expand brand's fame and promote their products. Unfortunately I don't watch TV here, so I'm not quite familiar with the ads on TV.
In China there are so many commercial breaks during TV plays that spectators cannot even stand it.But sometimes good advertisement can really capture customers' hearts, perhaps because the scene is very beautiful and the meaning is thought-provoking.
Finally, I'd like to thank you for your passionate teaching in class and your kindness all the time. Thank you and I will cherish this memory forever.
It's a universal fact that commercial is leaking into everything that we can see. And it's not a shame if there are some product brands being catching in the film, 'cause the movie is taken in the real world. However, if some shows get commercial into them on purpose for money, it's not that good.
ReplyDeleteWhen it comes to the specific brand Coco-Cola, the first and best means it takes to advertise itself is that Coke cooperates with many pop food. From McDonalds to DQ, every restaurant can be mentioned sells coke in the south of America and around the world.
The second reason is that it has many different products that don't share the same name with Coke-Cola. It allows the company to expand to more luxury level of goods, which lead to the variety.
Hi, Danny, coca cola trip was awesome. Nowadays, advertisement has came into everywhere in various ways. For example, Coca-cola may appear several times in our life every day because it cooperates with many brands. Also it is a time of fashion, people always like to catch up with the latest fashion, so this is the most effective way of making an advertisement, which I think is exactly what commercial really means. An ad which can catch what you want may be a good one. However, finally, I think coca-cola builds a museum like this may mean more fun than commercial, which is really rare.
ReplyDelete